Congratulations to all our athletes who represented UNI at this years Country Championships in Bendigo. A very big thank you to all the volunteers and officials who have made this event run smoothly over the weekend, your help is truly appreciated.
Thank you to all who came along to support our athletes, the atmosphere was certainly buzzing. In the team scores, UNI finished a credible 8th overall out of 19 other clubs. Below is a summery of all our UNI results.
Day 1 – Australia Day Saturday 26th January 2019
- Nigel Preston 3rd Open Mens 15:50:2
- Kye Jenkyn 16:01:1 4th Open Mens
- Melissa Douglas 3rd 40+ Womens 22:21:47
- David Heislers 3rd 50+Mens 11:47:07
- Charles Chambers 2nd 60+ Mens 12:49:44
- Tim Creer 3rd Country Athlete Under 14 Mens 12:14:95
- David Heislers 3rd 50+ Mens 3.86m
- Ross Douglas 4th 50+ Mens 3.77m.
Anthony Messerle 1st Country Athlete 37.26m.
Andrea Smith 3rd 40+ Womens 15.60m.
Day 2 – 27th January 2019
Andrea Smith 2nd 40+ Womens 9:21:05 (New Athletics Bendigo Record)
- Jorja Van Den Berg 7th place Under 18
- Womens 13:81, Andrea Smith 3rd 40+ Womens 13:83,
- Ross Douglas 5th Country Athlete 50+ Mens
- 1:07:46, Andrea Smith 2nd 40+ Womens 1:11:40.
- Tullie Rowe 2nd Under 16 Womens 4:59:83
- Phoebe Lonsdale 9th Under 16 Womens 5:38:40
- Melissa Douglas 3rd 40+ Womens 5:54:96
- Max Rowe 3rd Country Athlete Under 14 Mens 5:32:27
- Jayden Padgham 3rd Country Athlete Under 16 Mens 4:33:32
- David Heislers 3rd Country Athlete 50+ Mens 5:28:02
- Kye Jenkyn 2nd Open Mens 4:11:93
- Glenn McMillan 5th Open Mens 4:21:74.
Ross Douglas 2nd 50+ Mens 1.35m
David Heislers 5th 50+ Mens 6.79m
Day 3 – Monday 28th January
- Nigel Preston 1st Overall and 1st Open Age Mens 33:10:55
- David Heislers 1st 50+ Mens 42:04:91
- Andrew Creer 2nd 40+ Mens 38:50:54
- Melissa Douglas 1st 40+ Womens 46:43:57
- Charles Chambers 2nd 60+ Mens 48:06:46.
- Jorja Van Den Berg 4th Country Athlete Under 18 Womens 27:57
- Andrea Smith 3rd 40+ Womens 31:01,
- Tullie Rowe Under 16 Womens 3rd Country Athlete 2:27:53
- Andrea Smith 4th 40+ Womens 3:03:83
- Jayden Padgham Under 16 Mens 2:15:26
- Ross Douglas 3rd 50+ Mens 2:53:02.
4 x 100 m Relays
- 4th Under 18 Womens Team – Jazlin Fear, Tullie Rowe, Montanna Maud, Jorja Van Den Berg 57:09
- 4th 40+ Womens Alison Cartner, Melissa Douglas, Tammy Fear, Andrea Smith 1:13:02.
4 x 400 m Relays
- 1st 40+ Womens Alison Cartner, Melissa Douglas, Tammy Fear, Andrea Smith 5:19:59 (New Athletics Bendigo Record)
- 40+ Mens 6th – Andrew Creer, Ross Douglas, David Heislers, David Lonsdale 4:57:58.
- 2nd 50+ Mens Ross Douglas 22.11m 2nd Country Athlete
- Open Mens Anthony Messerle 46:42m
Long Jump Womens
- 40+ 3rd Andrea Smith 3.90m.
Well done and congratulations to all our UNI athletes. We can’t wait until next year!