BUAC club run this weekend is the ‘Crusoe Crusade’. Usual start times apply (2pm for the Long Course -8km), about 3pm the 1k and shortly after that the 3k. Course markers this week are the Cripps family thanks for putting your hands up. For new members the start/finish area is at Crusoe No. 7 Reserve which is at the end of Granter St Kangaroo Flat which you enter from Furness St opposite Harvey Norman.
Last week & stuff
Perfect conditions at the Sth Bendigo AC Invitation saw large numbers of BUAC runners and podiums. Sure to have us off to a good lead for the McDonald Cup.
Catching up on some old news but Trav Edwards and his mate Dan O’Bree were the highest fundraisers at the recent Oscars 100 Hut to Hut and well done to Tim Lauder, Sarah Jalim & Brian Watson who volunteered at the last minute and manned a drink station for the O’Keefe organisers, also incorporating a ½ marathon run to get there.
BUAC is holding its inaugural Music Trivia Night on June 16 after the Pearces Road Rally. Put this in your calendars. Andrea Smith & her crew have worked hard to create a great night out whilst Alison Cartner is leaving no shop door un-knocked in her quest to generate an impressive award list and raffle box. Andrea asks if you can go into the event page on BUAC FB and advise you are attending and how many.
We also hope to get an Eventbrite ‘event’ going shortly that you can pre-pay on.
The committee invites any members with relevant businesses to put their logo amongst the others on our webpage. Please talk to Andrew Creer if you are interested.
A reminder for winter XC runners who haven’t paid their memberships yet big bad Ben has made a shortlist.
Finally quite a BUAC crew going to the AV cross country at Bacchus Marsh tomorrow good luck to them all: David & Matt Heislers, Charles Chambers, Jim Russell, Glenn McMillan, Kye Jenkyn, new member Luke Millard, Stephen van Rees and anyone else I’ve missed. Some new territory for fast food aficionado Craig Green to sniff out some delicacies for the bus trip home..
11 questions with Gavin Fiedler aka “Landlord’
- Where were you born? Echuca.
- What schools did you go to? Lockington Consolidated. Echuca Tech. Bendigo TAFE. University High (last two night school).
- Favourite food? Roast Lamb.
- Favourite film? Hatari (1962)
- Do you listen to music/podcast when you run? No.
- Preferred running shoes? Brookes Adrenaline. Nike Structure.
- How many pairs of runners are you currently using? Three.
- Which watch do you use and why? Ironman Timex. It is simple to use. I am not that good with Technology.
- Favourite event you have done? Uni Half.
- Have you always been a runner or what got you started? Runner for 48 years.
- Describe your current weekly training plan. Nothing much for the next 4 to 6 weeks. Just had Hernia op. Usually 3 swims, 4 rides, 3runs, weights and flexibility exercises if all goes well.
- May 5 BUAC Club Run Crusoe Crusade & St Annes Vineyard AV XCR Round 2
- May 12 BUAC Club Run Ham St Hustle
- May 19 Eaglehawk AC Invite. Great Ocean Road Marathon & UTA Blue Mountains
- May 26 BUAC Club Run Reservoir Ramble & Cruden Farm AV XCR Round 3
- June 9 Queens Birthday Weekend – no club run – Run Forrest.